The skinny on water:
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
- Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
- Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
Tips for Drinking Water
Getting the proper amount of water is sometimes easier said than done. Some people just don't like the taste of water. Others may not find enough time to drink enough water.
Here are a few tips to help you get in your daily quota of water. Start your day off with a tall glass of water. Instead of reaching for the coffee cup first, get a glass of water while the coffee is brewing.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. If you are eating 5 to 6 smaller meals a day, which is recommended for weight loss, then this means you will get 5 to 6 glasses of water easily by drinking before you eat.
- Drink a glass of water before and after you exercise. Additionally you should hydrate yourself during your exercise by taking sips here and there.
End your day with a glass of water. Before tucking away for the night, drink that last glass of water.